Student Services


We will organise your student visa free of charge when you organise your studies with us.

The requirements for students visa are different for each country.


On 1 July 2016 Australia introduced changes to simply the student visa application process:

  • All international students will now apply for a single Student visa (subclass 500), regardless of their chosen course of study;
  • All international students will be required to apply for their student visa online;
  • A new immigration risk framework will be used to guide the evidence of English language and financial capacity that a student needs to provide with their visa application.

Those already in Australia on a subclass 570 through to 576 Student visa will remain on these visas until they expire.

Students with the lowest immigration risk will have their application requirements further simplified.

A declaration of financial capacity by the applicants and confirmation from their education provider that they have met the English language requirements will be sufficient to meet these requirements.

Students with higher immigration risk will need to meet the financial capacity requirement by either one of the following:

  • evidence of funds to cover travel to Australia and 12 months’ living, course fees;
  • evidence of meeting the annual income requirement (currently $60,000 or $70,000 if accompanied by parents); or
  • for secondary exchange student only, an Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Students (AASES)  form.

Key Requirements for Student visa in Australia (subclass 500)

Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement

The GTE requirement applies to all student visa applicants and considers whether the individual circumstances of the student indicate that their intention is for a temporary stay in Australia.

The following factors may be taken into consideration:

  • immigration history
  • circumstances that might encourage the student to return to their home country and
  • conditions that might encourage them to remain in Australia.

Enrolment in a registered course of study

International students must generally be enrolled in a registered course of study and provide a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) when they lodge their student visa application.

Exceptions to this requirement apply to Foreign Affairs and Defence sponsored students (Letter of Support from Foreign Affairs and Defence); secondary exchange students (an Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Students form); and postgraduate research students required to remain in Australia for marking of their thesis.

Financial capacity and English language proficiency

All international students are required to have sufficient funds to cover their course fees and living costs in Australia. While student visa holders are able to work a specified number of hours in Australia, they should not rely on working to cover their course fees and living costs.

Students may be required to provide evidence of their financial capacity and English language proficiency. This will be guided by the immigration risk outcomes associated with the student’s country of citizenship and intended education provider.

Health and character

International students are required to be of good character and will generally need to undertake a health examination as part of their student visa application. Students must also obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) before a student visa can be granted.

The process

All applications for a Student visa (subclass 500) should generally be lodged online.

Ask a question